Saturday, December 22, 2007

Web two dot oh

Wow... since I last blogged here, the quantity and quality of web 2.0 tools available to us have really exploded. Just this year, I'm become a regular user of:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Grand Central
  • Tumblr
  • Jott
  • Remember the Milk
  • Iwantsandy
And then there are the new Google services I have come to rely on:
  • Gmail
  • Google Reader
  • iGoogle
  • Google Gears
  • Google Maps
  • Google Docs
  • Google services for the Blackberry
  • And the updated Blogger, of course!
Firefox continues to get better and better, with some great extensions. I have also switched to Open Office and don't miss Microsoft Office a bit!

I now back up my data over the Internet using Mozy and Quicken, and am putting my toe in the water with Open ID.

Lastly, there's my Chumby, the first in a new breed of Internet appliance. It cycles through over 50 software widgets I've chosen, all the while streaming BBC!

What a great time to be online!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out the social map on the lower half of this blog

http://blog.rd2inc.com

Gawd, someone please ask Apple to hurry up with their copy-paste implementation for iPod Touch!

-- Niraj