Saturday, February 06, 2010

Weather Station on line

I'm happy to report that we now have an online weather station online here at Cedar Creek Lake! We're using a Davis Vantage Vue weather station and their WeatherLink software. It streams data to an older XP PC running Virtual Weather Station, which uploads data to Weather Underground every 4 seconds. It seems to be working fine so far; the weakest link with be our DSL here in east Texas, which is not entirely reliable.

The Vantage Vue is a new model from Davis and, while less expensive than the Vantage Pro, I like the design better. It's smaller, easier to set up and doesn't lack any features that I need.

I hope to also be beaconing weather packets on ham radio APRS soon. I also hope to return our Dallas weather station to the net and back on the air soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love it!

Bob and Janis

Lee said...

I found your weather station at Gun Barrel looking for local conditions near my home outside of Canton. Have now given the link to several friends who are absolutely delighted to see this available Thank you for your effort and providing this.